Tuesday, April 5, 2011

"The Almighty Burger" -  Acrylic on canvas 30x24x2.5

Hi, my name is Melody Smith and I just joined the site! I am originally from Southern California but now my family and I reside and work in Queen Creek AZ where we own a Music & Art Center called Blackbird Music & Art Center (Beatles Fans). I teach art to all ages during the day and in the wee hours of the night . . . I paint. I love pop art and it is one of my many favorite eras of art.
I try to get my work in as many venues, shows, galleries events and shows as possible. The piece above was just juried into the Shemer Art Center & Museum "House of Fun" exhibit in Phoenix from April21 - May 25th. The reception is from 7-9pm. Painting the burger was quite a challenge . . . as a vegetarian! I highly recommend that painting meat will make you despise it even more! (ha) I never knew that meat had so many colors! I would like to do a series of 50's diner food with a cool retro logo or graphic image on it as well. (Looks there there will be more meat painting in the future!)
Thanks for looking at my art!

No comments:

Post a Comment